Thursday, May 13, 2010

Arnold Newman

Arnold Newman - American Portrait Photographer

Newman's work inspired me to focus my folio on portraits of people. Newman photographed many famous celebrities, artists and world leaders. His portraits involved placing the subject amongst a setting that reflected their accomplishments in life.
"I am interested in what motivates individuals, what they do with their lives, their personalities, and how I perceive and interpret them."
"I work the way I do because of the kind of person that I am - my work is an expression of myself. It reflects me, my fascination with people, the physical world around us, and the exciting medium in which I work."
- Arnold Newman "A life in photography"

http://www.masters-of-photography.com/N/newman/newman_articles2.html

newman_picasso.jpg

Pablo Picasso

Cannes, 1956



No comments:

Post a Comment